Job Title: Financial Resource Development Director
Date Last Updated: 4/16/2013
Job ID #: 10768
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of MadisonLocation:
Financial Resource Development Director
Jewish Federation of Madison
Reporting to the Executive Director, the FRD Director is primarily responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive and strategic development plan for the Jewish Federation of Madison (JFM) to grow and thrive. This includes ensuring the achievement of fundraising goals while maximizing the engagement of volunteers and building our community. This plan should include (but is not limited to) donor solicitation and cultivation strategies, special events planning, direct response communications, social media, marketing and donor recognition, as well as planned giving and endowments. The FRD Director also will also assist the Executive Director with integrating fundraising across all JFM programs and strategic goals, including program scholarships, print and web-based advertising, and special fundraising needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders and donors.
- Direct campaign solicitation process which includes recruiting and training lay solicitors, making solicitation assignments and following up with solicitors to ensure successful completion of these assignments.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, Campaign Chair, Campaign Cabinet and other volunteer committees, plan, organize and implement annual campaign events such as the Major Gifts dinner, Campaign Kick-off, Tzedakah Sunday, Donor Appreciation Reception and other campaign related programming.
- Work with the Raiser’s Edge professional to ensure that donor reports are accurate and monitored for quality control.
- Write campaign related articles each month for the Madison Jewish News.
- Assist with FRD aspects of focused community outreach (e.g. newcomers, young leadership).
- Serve as financial development resource for all JFM programs and coordinate these efforts to maximize benefit to the Federation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with relevant professional experience; minimum five years of campaign/fundraising or related experience.
- Experience working as a professional or lay leader in a Jewish community setting; knowledge of the Jewish Federation movement and Jewish philanthropy preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, which are needed to interact with a diverse body of lay leaders, donors, professional staff and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with proven organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience developing and implementing a successful development or business plan.
- Knowledge in the fundamentals of planned giving and endowment is preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work some evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and community events.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits and relocation assistance will be offered.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.