Job Title: Director, NextGen
Date Last Updated: 1/12/2014
Job ID #: 10692
Young Leadership Organization Name:
Jewish Federation of Greater HartfordLocation:
West Hartford, ConnecticutStatus:
Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford
The NextGen Director is the primary staff person responsible for identifying young Jewish adults (ages 25-40) and for recruiting, educating and placing such people into appropriate leadership positions at the Federation and its affiliated agencies. In particular, the NextGen Director helps young Jewish adults understand the need for making a quality gift to the annual campaign and for assuming active roles in the campaign. Through a variety of program activities and direct one-on-one contact, the NextGen Director is responsible for developing a cadre of young Jewish leaders who are ready, willing and able to accept leadership roles in campaign, other Federation committees and task forces, and affiliated agency committees and boards. This is a critical effort to provide for the continuity of Jewish leadership and to ensure quality Jewish leadership for the Federation and the Greater Hartford Jewish community into the 21st century. This position reports to the Vice President Development.
- Staff the NextGen Campaign
- Develop and implement a campaign plan designed to increase revenue
- Develop and implement a varied menu of activities designed to reach out to young Jewish adults (25-40 years old) for the purpose of connection to the Federation, the annual campaign and the Jewish community
- Identify and cultivate young adults with potential for Major Gifts (Ben Gurion Society)
- Manage a process that identifies, educates and places young adults into appropriate leadership positions at Federation (especially campaign) and its affiliated agencies
- Promote Jewish learning and knowledge as important elements of Jewish leadership and provide for Jewish learning opportunities as part of the NextGen development process
- Help participants in the NextGen understand the importance of making a quality gift to the campaign and working in the campaign as a solicitor and leader
- Recruit participants and where appropriate, serve as staff for Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford delegations to regional, national and international Young Leadership conferences and missions
- Assist with general campaign and other Federation efforts as determined by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Two years professional experience in fundraising preferred.
- A strong commitment to the Jewish people and Israel and knowledge of Jewish history and current events.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package including life, medical, dental, long-term and short term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan match; fitness facility membership; office is closed on major Jewish holidays.
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.