Job Title: Director of Development
Date Last Updated: 5/6/2013
Job ID #: 10639
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
United Jewish Federation of TidewaterLocation:
Virginia Beach, VirginiaStatus:
Director of Development and Fundraising
United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT)
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462
Establishes fund development plan and goals; develops implementation and evaluation plans; guides development efforts; identifies potential supporters; integrates marketing efforts in support of development goals; responsible for overall and specific campaign outcomes; solicits funds and pledges; organizes special campaigns and events; recruits and supervises volunteers; prepares reports. This position reports to the Executive Vice President.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for collaborating with lay volunteers, analyzing data, trends, and other vital information in developing annual and multi-year campaigns plans for the UJFT.
- Direct, plan and execute annual campaign, major campaign events; campaign kickoff, solicitation training, men’ s major gift luncheon, major gift family reception, speaker engagement as identified
- Implement and evaluation plans which outline specific goals and objectives for campaign effectiveness.
- Recruitment and training of lay volunteers for development activities and coordinating lay volunteers, task forces and committees related for the design and implementation of campaign plans and overall development activities for the UJFT.
- Solicitation of donors; facilitating activities to include personal face-to-face solicitations of donors either jointly with a lay person or by oneself
- Monitor donor trends and participation
- Conduct, organize and assign solicitation activities matching up donor with modality to yield best results in a timely manner.
- Supervision and program evaluation of outreach and leadership development activities of the UJFT
- Supervision of development staff; work closely with the directors of Women’s Mission, Young Adult Division, Affinity Group and Synagogue Relations, Community Concierge of the UJFT and the accompanying assigned staff.
- Collaborate with campaign and marketing staff in creating effective campaign message and strategies for campaign as a whole and its particular programs and direct mail campaigns
- Development of an integrated marketing plan in support of and to further the success of the individual campaign plans, outreach and leadership development activities.
- Consult with, support and, when needed, coordinate the development activities related to the Holocaust Commission and other programs of the UJFT.
- Coordination of the development activities of the Simon Family JCC, which may include, but are not limited to, the Zahav, Patron of the Arts, golf tournament, and raffle, the book fair, film festival, and other events.
The duties outlined in this job description are meant to be representative but not all inclusive assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the executive vice president.
- Self- Motivated and goal oriented.
- Excellent analytic, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team building, planning and leadership skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and working independently
- Ability to make presentations to a diverse audience using visual aids, slide shows, and other media
- Public relations, fundraising and/or special event experience
- Detail oriented, good computer skills, working knowledge of donations software, MS Office and basic desktop publishing
- Developmental skills to compose simple business and donor acknowledgement letters; ability to carefully proofread and correct misspelled words and erroneous grammar.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships within and outside the agency in a professional manner, with regards to both donors and clients
- An understanding of and compatibility with Jewish values and traditions
- Compliance with agency policies regarding confidentiality and ethics
- A Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution. Masters preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive successful fundraising experience in a non-profit or corporate setting
- Proven experience supervising, hiring, training and developing professional and support staff.
- Strong familiarity with Jewish communal fundraising preferred.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Jewish values and culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong inter-personal relationships and analytical skills.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and to perform other related duties as assigned.
The position offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package, including a bonus opportunity.
The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater (UJFT) is firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, non-disqualifying disability or military status.Desired Education Degree/Level:
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.