Job Title: Director, HIAS Chicago
Date Last Updated: 5/19/2013
Job ID #: 10634
Other Organization Name:
Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society of Chicago (HIAS)Location:
POSITION TITLE: Director, HIAS Chicago
ORGANIZATION: Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society of Chicago (HIAS Chicago)
Leads HIAS Chicago’s operations and services in a quality manner consistent with the agency’s mission and strategic plan. Accountable to HIAS Chicago Board of Directors and to Jewish Child & Family Services.
- Leads the HIAS Administrative team to ensure quality service practices, information flow, employee relations and fiscal health.
- Promotes board communication and relationships with JCFS, JF, the Jewish Community and the Community At-Large. Provides knowledgeable input on key matters that impact HIAS Chicago programs, clients and fiscal health. Makes informed recommendations for action as appropriate.
- Develops & evaluates program services and plans for long-range future of the agency and makes recommendations to immediate supervisor & Board of Directors. Ensures the agency is recruiting and retaining talented professionals, staff and consultants/contractors. Ensures that performance management systems continuously make expectations clear, recognize positive outcomes and address concerns.
- Coordinates efforts to successfully plan & implement the Agency’s Endowment Campaign.
- Meets with potential funders and advocates for service needs, identify funding opportunities with the public & private sector.
- Promotes HIAS Chicago’s immigration services in the community. Advocates at the local, state and national level to advance immigration issues and highlight HIAS Chicago efforts. Networks to build alliances to benefit HIAS Chicago.
Advanced degree (Masters level minimum) in a social work, behavioral science, immigration law or related field from an accredited college or university. Minimum 10 years progressive experience working with immigrant populations or social service agencies in positions of increasing responsibility. Must possess 3+ years of supervisory experience. Proven connection to culturally diverse client populations is preferred. Knowledgeable about Jewish culture and history. Specific knowledge of Jewish immigration patterns and challenges strongly preferred. Demonstrated skill in program development, board relations, leadership and quality administration. Proven track record in fundraising & working effectively with a board of directors. Ability to conceive and implement creative resource development initiatives. Credentialed or qualified to become BIA accredited to represent clients before the Immigration Service. Maintains certification in good standing.
JCFS & HIAS offer a generous paid time off and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Flexible Spending Plans, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
Please visit us at http://www.jcfs.org and http://hiaschicago.org/
SEND RESUMES TO: Shirley R. Maeir, SPHR. Shirleymaeir@jcfs.org
Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
Shirley R. MaeirContact Title:
Director, Human ResourcesPreferred Contact Method:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.