Job Title: Executive Director
Date Last Updated: 5/12/2013
Job ID #: 10622
Chief Executive Officer/Executive DirectorOrganization Name:
jewish Federation of MadisonLocation:
Jewish Federation of Madison
The Madison Jewish Community is warm, growing, and vibrant. There are four congregations which provide diverse religious and cultural experiences: Reform, Conservative, Reconstructionist, and Chabad. In addition, the community has many rich Jewish communal organizations, including Jewish Social Services, The University of Wisconsin (UW) Mosse/Weinstein Center for Jewish Studies, UW Hillel, Chabad at UW, and the Madison Jewish Community Day School.
The Jewish Federation of Madison (JFM) is responsible for both the funding and delivery of services to the Jewish and greater Madison area community. JFM is a $7 million organization, with a $1 million annual campaign, a $2.3 million endowment, and $5.4 million in assets. JFM operates a summer day-camp serving 1000 children, a year-round full-day preschool, a Hebrew high school, and year-round community programs. JFM also owns a $600,000 community building, a 154 acre $4 million community campus, and a 5, 500 square-foot aquatic center. For more detailed information about Madison's Jewish community, please visit our website, www.JewishMadison.org.
JFM seeks an Executive Director with depth, presence, and a proven record of excellence, who will provide the vision and leadership to guide and strengthen the Madison Jewish community. Working closely with the President of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director reports to the Executive Committee and the Board. The Executive Director will oversee and direct all operations of JFM, including governance, business management, hiring and supervision of personnel, fundraising, programming, community relations, and Israel and overseas relations. The Executive Director will be the recognized leader and spokesperson, representing the Madison Jewish community in JFM-related matters.
The Executive Director of JFM should possess the following personal qualities and abilities, all of which are deemed essential to achieving success in the position of Executive Director of JFM:
- The highest degree of integrity and credibility
- Inspires others and builds commitment through strong leadership
- Builds trusted relationships
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve
- Dedicated to excellence
- Self-aware, with an understanding of one's strengths and weaknesses
The successful candidate will be:
- A good communicator, who listens well, manages time commitments, and projects an outgoing personality to represent JFM as its spokesperson and community leader
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the Jewish community and Federation system, with a keen understanding of the Jewish people and the needs and welfare of Jews locally, in Israel, and around the world
- Knowledgeable of fiduciary responsibilities, financial operations of non-profit organizations, and general legal and governance requirements
- A strong leader and a good team player who is able to successfully work with and mentor staff, help them set and achieve goals and objectives, and evaluate results according to professional standards
- An effective and dynamic fundraiser, with a proven record of success
- A collaborator with strong community relations skills who can develop and steward relationships of trust with donors, prospects, community agencies, synagogues, and the greater Madison community
- An energetic self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills who can relate well to staff, volunteer leadership, donors, and Madison’s diverse community at large, to engage individuals in the work of JFM and cultivate future leaders
- A strategic thinker and planner with organizational expertise to successfully develop and implement the strategic direction of JFM through vision, planning, and implementation
- Able to effectively oversee the management and maintenance of a complex facility
- Experienced, with a minimum of 7 years in for-profit or non-profit leadership position(s), with a demonstrated track record of success; Bachelor’s degree minimum, Masters or equivalent preferred
A competitive compensation package is available for the successful candidate.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com who is conducting the search on behalf of JFM.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.