Job Title: Director of Communications
Date Last Updated: 12/18/2012
Job ID #: 10611
Marketing & CommunicationsOrganization Name:
Jewish Community Federation of the Greater East BayLocation:
Director of Communications
Jewish Community Federation of the Greater East Bay
The Jewish Federation of the East Bay (JFED) is dedicated to building a vibrant and inclusive local Jewish community, and to enhancing the well being of Jews in the East Bay, Israel and throughout the world. The Jewish Community Foundation (TJCF), affiliated with JFED, is the community’s primary source of long-term funding to sustain and enhance a vital Jewish community in the East Bay and around the globe.
The Federation and the Foundation are sister organizations that work closely together and are marketed jointly. The work of both organizations is to provide social service support, build community, and develop leaders who provide rich opportunities for creative and innovative marketing. This is an exciting time for the Federation and Foundation, as we are currently implementing a strategic plan that will focus our work, enhance our impact, and position the organizations to respond to the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
We are seeking a Director of Communications to develop and implement a cutting-edge marketing strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to bring a fresh face to a beloved community institution as we introduce our new vision to the community.
This position will manage the marketing functions for Federation and Foundation, including staffing the volunteer marketing committee, overseeing workflow, setting priorities, assigning projects and tasks, and developing staff.
The Director of Communications develops and manages the fundraising for Federation’s annual Community Campaign that includes donations under $1,000.
Marketing & Communications:
- Provide an integrated marketing plan for Federation and Foundation.
- Manage the volunteer marketing committee and develop portfolios for each committee member.
- Write copy for all collateral pieces, including but not limited to brochures, invitations, advertisements, press releases, videos, e-newsletters, annual reports, website, direct mail communication and news articles.
- Implement effective public relations, including the sourcing of relevant stories, promotion of major accomplishments, and foster positive, ongoing relationships with key representatives of the Jewish and local secular print and broadcast media.
- Ensure messaging, branding and content are accurate and consistent in terms of purpose, positioning, image and voice.
- Create, post and monitor social media (FB, Twitter, blog).
- Work with website designer to curate website content and design.
- Write speeches and other key communications as needed/requested for CEO, Board Presidents, and others.
- Build base of donors of $1000 and under.
- Conduct research and analysis of database, and develop evaluation tools to determine future strategies.
- Analyze results of strategies, and report regularly to marketing committee on progress toward goals.
- Develop measures of departmental productivity and effectiveness of projects: work with designer to improve efficiency.
- Develop and manage annual marketing and community campaign budgets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- 5 to 7 years of proven expertise in the marketing/communications field, including all aspects of the discipline (print, electronic, video, PR., advertising, and events). Experience with community development is a plus.
- Social Media experience is a must.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage and work well with volunteers
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity
- Strong manager with excellent organizational and people skills; ability to problem-solve and set priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, producing quality results on time and on budget
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of CRM databases and MS Office
- Knowledge of Jewish community and/or Foundations a plus
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.