Job Title: Executive Director, Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership
Date Last Updated: 10/3/2013
Job ID #: 10573
Human Resources/Professional DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach CountyLocation:
West Palm Beach, FloridaStatus:
Executive Director, Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
Palm Beach County is home to approximately 270,000 Jews, 135,000 of whom reside within the geographic boundaries of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. Jewish life is diverse and multi-faceted, and includes 6 partner agencies as well as other key community programs supported by the Federation, 21 synagogues and a community day school serving K through 8th grade. This year the Federation is projected to raise $16.3 million for the unrestricted annual campaign plus $2.8 million in supplemental designated gifts and currently holds $110 million in endowment assets. Opportunities for growth are significant.
The arrival of a new Chief Executive Officer in 2012 provides a catalyst for change and growth as the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County celebrates its 50th Anniversary.
For more information, please visit the Federation’s website at www.JewishPalmBeach.org
Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership
In 2003 the Federation began a strategic partnership with the Mandel Foundation to invest in the development of volunteer and professional leadership for the Federation and the Jewish Community. In 2012, under the leadership of a new CEO, the Federation is engaged in restructuring its governance processes and its staffing patterns. The Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership is a key business driver in this change process.
The Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership is a program of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County to engage and develop high performance volunteer and professional leaders of the Federation and its beneficiary agencies. Our goal is to recruit, inspire, train and retain leaders who have the values, commitment and skills to give high quality leadership to the Federation and its related institutions and to be prepared to take on significant roles in order to strengthen the Jewish community in the greater Palm Beaches.
Oversight of the Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership includes a Joint Advisory Team consisting of representatives from the Mandel Foundation as well as senior volunteer and professional leadership of the Federation. The Mandel Center currently has two Federation committees, one for Professional Leadership Development and one for Volunteer Leadership Development.
The Federation seeks a highly experienced and dynamic Human Resource Development professional to drive capacity building through the creation and execution of a comprehensive plan for the development of human capital; for the identification, engagement, development, placement, tracking and retention of highly motivated and high performing volunteers and professionals who will provide leadership for the Federation, its partner agencies and the Jewish community. This position reports to CEO and/or designee.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and execute a comprehensive Human Resource Development plan; Provide strategic direction in the execution of strategies and tactics to fulfill priority objectives.
- Partner with other senior managers, the Volunteer and Professional Leadership Development Committees; the Mandel Joint Advisory Team and the national Jewish Federations of North America Mandel Center.
- Assess existing personnel processes and practices; Design, develop and implement HRD processes, practices and programs to develop and maintain a strong workforce, including recruitment and onboarding, performance management, career planning, organizational planning and development, succession planning and training and development programs.
- Assess existing volunteer leadership processes and practices; Design, develop and implement HRD processes, practices and programs to develop and maintain strong volunteer leadership, including recruitment and placement, leadership succession planning and development of continuing education for Boards and Committees.
- Build and maintain relationships with the department’s funder(s); provide regular reports to demonstrate impact.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Minimum 10 years management level experience in Human Resource Development, Organization Development or similar field.
- Experience in designing training programs required; Experience in delivering training programs a plus.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing short and long term strategic activities measured against clear goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and projects; Demonstrated success developing high-performing, empowered staff teams in a culture of creativity and accountability.
- Demonstrated success in building and cultivating trusted relationships; Ability to work effectively, respectfully and collaboratively across departments and at all levels of the organization.
- Inspirational communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experience developing and managing budgets required; Experience writing requests for funding grants a plus.
- Ability to ground leadership development programming in Jewish culture and values a plus.
- Experience working with volunteer boards/committees required.
- Jewish Federation experience a plus; Candidates from environments outside the organized Jewish community must demonstrate significant knowledge of the Jewish Federation movement.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Will work predominantly in an office environment; May be required to lift supplies, assist in set up and arrangement of displays.
- Local travel within the Palm Beach County area is required; National and international travel may be required.
A competitive compensation package is available for the successful candidate.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.