Job Title: Coordinator for Campaign and Community Programs
Date Last Updated: 11/29/2012
Job ID #: 10474
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Howard CountyLocation:
Coordinator for Campaign and Community Programs
Jewish Federation of Howard County
The Jewish Federation of Howard County (JFHC) creates and implements a strategic campaign plan for JFHC. The Howard County Jewish community is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized professional to help grow campaign and community engagement. JFHC Campaign team employees work to cultivate donors, engage volunteers, and increase campaign dollars through a variety of programs, events and campaign initiatives, including two major fundraisers in the Spring and Fall. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Support organizational benchmarks and meet company goals
- Be a team player
- Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
- Accommodate requests with a smile and “let me see what I can do” attitude
- Adhere to supervisor directives
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Arrive prior to the scheduled starting time, properly dressed and prepared to work
- Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest, and professional manner
- Trains and supports lay leaders by developing strategies for meetings and events and by developing appropriate written materials, including annotated agendas and operational plans, timelines, professional and lay leader roles and responsibilities, volunteer recruitment plans
- Assists, empowers and develops current and future lay leaders so that they may feel a high degree of ownership, involvement and responsibility toward fulfillment of JFHC’s mission
- Collaborates and strategizes with professional staff , lay leaders and committee members
- Responsible for event planning and logistics for all major JFHC events
- Enriches database with donor information, ensuring its accuracy
- Analyzes and evaluates program activity to determine strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for enhancement
- Participates actively in meetings to coordinate efforts and facilitate communication within and between committees and professional staff
- Keeps abreast of pertinent community issues, program innovations and trends
- Attends all events and programs as needed
- Assists with other programs and events as needed
- Maintains yearlong calendar
- May coordinate shared programs between departments, taking on some of the work as needed
- Collaborates and strategizes with communications manager
- Liaison with Board of Directors as necessary
- Attends JFNA and JCC training sessions as the supervisor may deem necessary
- Works to ensure donor satisfaction in regard to problems, concerns and complaints.
- Analyzes and evaluates campaign activity to determine strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for enhancement.
- Participates actively in staff meetings to coordinate efforts and facilitate communication between colleagues.
- Keeps abreast of pertinent community issues, campaign innovations and trends, with willingness to make course corrections based on said innovations.
- Attends all campaign events and phonings as needed.
- Responsible for event planning and logistics for all major ASSOCIATED events
- Such other duties or tasks to assist the organization as the supervisor may deem necessary
- BS required
- 3+ years experience Jewish Communal Service or related experience preferred
- Non-profit programs or development experience, preferably in Jewish communal work
- Event planning
- Superior ability to accomplish goals and to recruit, engage and motivate volunteers and committee members
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of JFHC/JCC
- Willingness to work select evenings and Sundays
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Receptive to and accepting of guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in a diverse group of people
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift between 10-50 pounds.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.