Job Title: Development Associate - Annual Campaign
Date Last Updated: 1/17/2013
Job ID #: 10456
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Northern New JerseyLocation:
Paramus, New JerseyStatus:
Development Associate – Annual Campaign
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey
The Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey (JFNNJ) is a non-profit philanthropic organization with a mission of providing leadership necessary to create a strong, collaborative, caring and vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey, Israel and abroad. Its primary functions are: community planning and community building, financial resource development, and leadership development. Its staff members work in these areas or in functions that support them.
The Development Associate will be an integral member of Federation’s Financial Resource Development (FRD) Team with the primary responsibility of helping to foster the overall success and long-term direction of Federation’s FRD functions. The incumbent will add value to the day-to-day operations of the FRD Department and in particular, will assist in the development and stewardship of donors who have contributed $1000-9999 in prior campaigns, “upgrading” prospects and cultivation of new donors. The incumbent will be responsible for helping to coordinate lay and staff resources to meet or exceed established goals and objectives within the FRD arena.
The Development Associate will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the FRD management staff and lay leadership, help develop an aggressive strategy to increase donor participation in the Annual Campaign.
- Work collaboratively with the Campaign Director and lay-leadership to plan, develop and implement programs that advance the mission of the Commerce and Professionals (C&P) and Physician and Dentists (P&D) affinity groups.
- Cultivate and solicit an appropriate caseload of donors and future donor prospects.
- Work with the Campaign Director to manage and grow the Annual Campaign.
- Help plan and staff various Campaign events.
Qualifications and Success Factors
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years development experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database and Internet
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
Strong personal commitment to the JFNNJ mission.
Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.