Job Title: Director of Women's Philanthropy
Date Last Updated: 11/17/2013
Job ID #: 10401
Women's Philanthropy Organization Name:
Jewish Federation of Greater DallasLocation:
Director of Women’s Philanthropy
Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
FUNCTION: The Director of Women’s Philanthropy is directly responsible for planning, implementing and managing the Women’s Philanthropy campaign of the Jewish Federation. The Director of Women’s Philanthropy establishes and maintains successful relationships with donors and manages campaign events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements an Annual Women’s Campaign Operating Plan that establishes quantifiable and measurable goals and related strategies for programmatic, fundraising, volunteer and operational activities.
- Collaborates in developing Women’s Philanthropy objectives, recruits and trains volunteer layleaders, coordinates events, generates reports and continually monitors the success of the Women’s Philanthropy Division.
- Oversees all operations related to the Women’s Division of the Annual Campaign.
- Maintains a campaign tracking and reporting system that provides lay and professional leadership with timely and accurate operating information.
- Identifies, educates and motivates volunteers to actively participate in the Campaign and Women’s Philanthropy activities and to provide the necessary bridge between Women’s leadership and the Federated system.
- Plans and implements relevant committee and task force meetings. Organizes attendance, logistics, agenda and materials preparation, meeting minutes and follow-up items, ensuring timely delivery and accuracy.
- Provides leadership to volunteers with regard to governance, planning and implementation skills.
- Works in partnership with the General Campaign and other departments of the Federation to ensure collaboration and synergy of campaign and outreach programs.
- Directs new gift efforts to expand the number of annual donors to the campaign.
- Works with divisional leadership to develop year-round program of campaign, educational and recognition activities.
- Engages in community activities and serves as a leadership role model for women in the community.
- Cultivates and stewards donor prospects and carries a personal portfolio of donors.
- Maintains effective communication with national system and other non-profits regarding trends in women’s philanthropy.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitoring for Women’s Philanthropy.
- Participates actively as a member of the campaign team.
- Actively participates in campaign events, phone-a-thons, and other associated Federation events and activities.
- Assists Chief Development Officer as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years experience in financial resource development including donor development and major gift solicitation, preferably in the Federation system.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Ability to organize, monitor, and track numerous ongoing and one-time activities, events and projects.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to meet, greet and educate people with confidence and poise.
- Ability to logically solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail oriented.
- Comfortable with change and working in unknown situations.
- Discretion handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Sensitivity to Jewish culture and traditions.
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - CMContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.