Job Title: Campaign Communications Manager
Date Last Updated: 1/16/2013
Job ID #: 10326
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Greater Long Beach & West Orange CountyLocation:
Long Beach, CaliforniaStatus:
Campaign Communications Manager
Jewish Federation of Greater Long Beach & West Orange County
Marketing & Communications (50%)
- Act as primary lead in development of organization messaging
- Comprehensive Annual Campaign Case & Marketing Plan Development
- E-mail Updates, Annual Campaign content and list maintenance, on-line giving
- Federation/Foundation Annual Report conceptualization and supervision of production
- Supervise development, improvement and maintenance of web site content in conjunction with Executive Director
- Development of general Foundation and Federation collateral materials and advertising
- Manage and coordinate the design of Annual campaigner training materials
- Supervise the development of the Corporate Sponsorship program in concert with the Executive Director
- Serve as lead staff for Campaign Events including Campaign Kickoff, Training for Super Sunday and Phone-a-thons
- Assist in development of marketing, and logistics as assigned, for campaign division events
- Develop strategies for engagement of young adults (ages 30-45)
- Staff community-wide events, in conjunction with JCC staff lead, including Film Festival, Yom HaShoah, Yom Ha’Atzmaut, and Book Fair, as needed.
- Staff combined Federation/Foundation Annual Meeting
Fund Development (50%)
General Campaign Responsibilities
- Donor Relationship Management
- Develop and execute individualized development plans for a minimum of 20 prospects and significant donors – including the effective use of lay leaders and other staff, as appropriate
- Personally cultivate and solicit contributions
- Serve as fund development team member in order to help develop and implement annual campaign process through collaborative development of ideas, programs, speakers & materials with fund development staff and lay leadership
- Collaborate with Campaign Team and foundation staff in order to facilitate the development and implementation of an integrated resource development model
- Facilitate volunteer cultivation and solicitation activity through volunteer recruitment, training, and monitoring of cultivation-plan progress
- Participate, as part of the development team, in Annual Campaign data base oversight in order to ensure that reporting systems are complete, timely, efficient, accurate and monitored for quality control.
- Participate, as a member of the development team, in the creation of Annual Campaign Strategy for recommendation to Campaign Cabinet
- Manage Prospect List Development & Review
- Develop and implement Direct Mail Strategy
- Develop and implement E-philanthropy Strategy
- Phonathon Planning & Administration
- Identify and enlist Corporate Sponsorship to underwrite Annual Campaign event expenses and grow visibility of programs and community impact
Campaign Divisions Responsibilities
- Community Campaign (Up to $999 per individual)
- Upper Level (Approximately 140 donors):
- Assignments in collaboration with Development Director, assist lay leaders, follow solicitations & achievement on a weekly basis
- Super Sunday Level (Approximately 1000 donors)
- Plan and implement campaign Phonathons – including recruiting solicitors, supervision of Super Sunday logistics, identification of which donors are appropriate for telephone solicitation, review and assignment of pledge cards, and assignment of appropriate tasks to other staff
- Prospect development
- BA/BS degree
- Masters degree preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Demonstrated skills in word processing and desktop publishing as well as database and internet proficiency.
- Strong attention to details, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and constituents.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including both verbal and written. Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and events.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - CMContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.