Job Title: Director, Professional Networks
Date Last Updated: 5/2/2013
Job ID #: 10305
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater BostonLocation:
Boston, New JerseyStatus:
Director, Professional Networks
Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston
Combined Jewish Philanthropies, a progressive and innovative federation dedicated to building, strengthening and maintaining an open, welcoming and vibrant Jewish community, has an opening for a Director, Professional Networks.
The Director, Professional Networks leads a dynamic team of professionals who are working to maximize volunteer and philanthropic participation in CJP’s Annual Campaign through involvement in one of CJP’s Professional Networks.
This position will oversee the design and implementation of strategic business plans for CJP’s Professional Networks including the development of goals and objectives, facilitating the expansion of dollars raised, increasing the donor base, enhancing volunteer and leadership engagement, optimizing events and programs and identifying new areas of opportunity.
The position will also have direct management of staff responsible for a portfolio of donors, each of whom make an annual gift of $1,000 or more (including major gifts) or have the capacity to make an annual gift at that level.
- Direct management of the Professional Networks’ Development and Administrative staff as well as the overall administration and management of the department
- Work with lay leaders, committee members, and other staff in implementing a variety of programs and initiatives related to campaign, outreach and leadership development within the Professional Networks
- Identification of high net worth individuals within Professional Networks and design of targeted strategies for engagement and solicitation in coordination with Major Gifts team or volunteer leadership
- Strategize and oversee a growing corporate sponsorship program through cultivation, relationship building, solicitation and stewardship of corporations and businesses with the goal of obtaining sponsorship dollars
- Individually develop, oversee and implement strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of approximately 50 donors with the capacity to give $10,000 or more annually
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience, including responsibility with planning or fund raising in a nonprofit environment. Jewish communal experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, writing and interpersonal
- Strong analytical, marketing and organizing skills
- Must be a team leader, as well as a team player and self-starter
- Proven track record managing a program department including staff cultivation and supervision
- Experience in volunteer management and group facilitation helpful
- Demonstrated experience fundraising, planning and working with new populations as well as people of means, community leadership development, and budget planning
- Maturity, flexibility and the ability to focus on detail while handling multiple tasks and diverse personalities
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to work independently and creatively in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Boston’s Jewish community a plus
- Requires availability to work some evenings and weekends
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org
This position offers a comprehensive compensation package, the prospect of joining a committed team and becoming a part of one of Boston’s premier philanthropic organizations.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Desired Education Degree/Level:
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.