Job Title: Development Officer
Date Last Updated: 1/16/2013
Job ID #: 10198
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of the Sacramento RegionLocation:
JEWISH FEDERATION OF THE SACRAMENTO REGION (JFSR)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Officer serves as a team member responsible for ensuring the success of our Annual Campaign, including donor development, acquisition, cultivation, direct solicitation, management and stewardship activities to maximize financial support for the annual campaign, as well special initiatives and other funding. This is accomplished by developing and strengthening relationships between JFSR’s lay leaders, donors, volunteers and affiliated and non-affiliated prospects to meet development goals. This includes research, development, cultivation and solicitation of professional affinity groups and maximizing donor development within corporations and e-philanthropy as well as the development of donor engagement plans and gift solicitations.
- Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships in an environment of collaboration.
- Strong skills in donor development, acquisition, cultivation, direct solicitation, management and stewardship.
- Excellent ability to adapt communication and interpersonal style to various audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize and monitor performance.
- Strong understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the JFSR.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture, heritage and traditions.
- High level of enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of institutions, agencies and programs comprising the Sacramento and global Jewish Communities.
- Familiarity with the State of Israel including its government, institutions and current events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to evaluate campaign results and identify trends.
- Proficiency with personal computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Willingness to perform other related duties as needed, required or assigned.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- BA/BS degree.
- 5 years proven successful development/fundraising experience in a development or related position with a non-profit fundraising organization preferable.
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE- RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.