Job Title: Sr. Development Officer - Women's Philanthropy
Date Last Updated: 9/22/2013
Job ID #: 10092
Women's Philanthropy Organization Name:
Jewish Federation of Greater PhiladelphiaLocation:
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT OFFICER FOR WOMEN’S PHILANTROPY
The Sr. Development Officer is one of three Women’s Philanthropy (WP) fundraisers responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding female donors who collectively give over $ 5.5 million to the Annual Jewish Community Fund.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Steward and cultivate an assigned group of over 200 WP donors to ensure continuing and expanding support of Federation programs. Utilize a “moves management” approach and solicit donors face-to-face.
- Actively solicit prospective donors through direct and indirect contacts.
- Staff fundraising events at the $1800 to $4999 giving level.
- Provide support, guidance and follow up to volunteer gift solicitors.
- Acknowledge contributions and provide appropriate recognition and stewardship to donors.
Successful candidates for this position will possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years proven development experience, including strong prospecting, cultivation and solicitation skills.
- Proven success in face-to-face fundraising, particularly over the $5,000 level.
- Planned giving experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with high level prospective donors, Federation staff and community volunteers.
- Event planning experience
- Computer literacy
- Access to a car
Our Mission and Vision:
The Federation is the central Jewish fundraising organization in the Greater Philadelphia area. As such, the Jewish Federation acts as a convener and funder of numerous local, national, and overseas Jewish organizations and seeks to partner with and fund community institutions and partner agencies to advance a community agenda. The Centers for Excellence, which consist of the Center for Jewish Life and Learning, the Center for Social Responsibility, and the Center for Israel and Overseas, evaluate and fund best-practices programs with cutting-edge tools and outcome measurements in order to assure efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery. The Federation also focuses on matching donors’ philanthropic passions and interests with the needs of the community.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia sees a flourishing global Jewish community – today and for future generations – that is continually strengthened by:
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- inspiring participation in Jewish life and learning through formal and informal Jewish educational opportunities, enhanced synagogue engagement and programming, a coordinated outreach effort by community organizations aimed at connecting young Jews and Jewish families top the community and its many educational and leadership opportunities.
- caring for people at-risk or in need through programs that help seniors to age with dignity, aid for the chronically poor, self-sufficiency initiatives for Jews facing poverty, hunger relief, and transformative social action efforts.
- connecting Jews in Greater Philadelphia to each other and to Jews in Israel and around the world through Israel advocacy, overseas hunger relief and security programming, and support for Jewish seniors, children and immigrants in Israel and other overseas nations.
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.