Job Title: Grant Writer
Date Last Updated: 11/28/2012
Job ID #: 9013
Community Planning & Resource AllocationOrganization Name:
Position Title: Grant Writer
Department: Community Planning and Allocations
Immediate Supervisor: Director, Community Planning and Allocations
Agency: Federation CJA
Compensation: Commission based
In an attempt to actively increase revenues of the annual campaign and contribute to the development of financial resources, the incumbent identifies internal areas where granting opportunities could apply and ensures that current internal program and initiative comply with grant conditions when submitting applications and sees to the proper administration of grants upon reception.
- Work in close collaboration with agencies and staff to develop a menu of current and future services, programs and initiatives which could require granting.
- Initiate and engage in interaction with key stakeholders at local foundations and public or government institutions with funding interests that overlap those of the organization to identify potential granting opportunities.
- Cultivate close and trusting relationship with key stakeholders by participating on relevant boards, commissions, and advisory councils as well attending public and community events and promote programs and initiatives of FEDERATION CJA and its agencies.
- Monitor and keep track of all grant offerings and be resourceful whenever necessary to uncover “hidden” granting opportunities.
- Review current program and initiatives of the organization and identify, whenever possible, areas that need to be improved in order to comply with grant conditions.
- Produce all written grant application within given deadlines and carries-out proper follow-ups.
- Provide information and additional resources to granting committee, whenever necessary.
- Ensure grants are properly received and applied towards intended program or initiative and report to funding sources as may be required by terms of grant.
- Work closely with Program Evaluation Specialist to identify further opportunities to maximize use of grant.
- Comply with all corresponding follow-up documentations.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- A Bachelor degree in Arts, Management or Law or any other combination of university studies where technical and persuasive writing are an important component.
- Minimum of 2 years general experience within a government or non-profit organization
- At least 5 years relevant and progressive experience in grant development and fundraising.
- General knowledge of provincial foundations, government institutions and boards
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Jewish community, organizations and social service networks
- Understanding of fundraising principles and selling intangibles
- Exceptional social and networking skills and ability to blend in with any given crowd with a proven track record for building and maintaining strategic business relationships.
- Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills, in both English and French.
- Exercises sound judgment, discretion and commitment to the mission of the Jewish Federation
- Strong research and information synthesizing skills
- Resourceful and mindful of deadlines
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.