Job Title: Director of Development Operations
Date Last Updated: 10/14/2013
Job ID #: 10988
†Other Organization Name:
†Greater Miami Jewish FederationLocation:
Director of Development Operations
Greater Miami Jewish Federation
The Director of Development Operations, working closely with the Network Administrator, provides technical and administrative leadership in the areas of fundraising systems; gift and biographical data entry; user support and training; reporting and data analysis; project management; and database management.† This position oversees the functions for System Software and Training, Donor Relations and Data Support Operations.††
The Director plays a leadership role in developing and implementing the Federationís vision and plans for its fundraising systems and operations, ensuring that software and business processes run smoothly.† The Director is responsible for ensuring that fundraising, planning, accounting, foundation and marketing staff have the tools they need to do their jobs effectively, and that donors and other constituents are treated in such a way as to communicate Federationís respect and appreciation.†
Specific areas of responsibility include:††
- Overseeing the current Sage FR100 database, the planned conversion to Blackbaudís Enterprise CRM, and providing support for related fundraising tools.
- Overseeing the current Blackbaud Financial Edge Accounting Software and Renaissance Administration Endowment System.
- Maintaining information on existing and new CRMís and best practices in the federation system and non-profit development world.
- Ensuring that 1) gift and biographical data are entered consistently, accurately, and in accordance with Federal and State laws, the Federationís gift acceptance policies, and best practices, and 2) gift receipts and acknowledgment letters are produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and automated processes to ensure the efficient flow of data, smooth integration between systems, and the confidentiality and security of constituent information.
- Overseeing data stewardship, integrity, clean-up tasks, quality control audits, NCOA updates, and security for the fundraising database.†
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the federationís fundraising software, and providing advice on related infrastructure issues, projects, budgets, options, and the impacts of decisions.†
- Creating and implementing annual and long-range plans for fundraising technology that effectively and economically meet current and anticipated needs of the Federation.
- Producing, or assisting with the production, of financial, analytical, and demographic reports, as well as mailing list counts, mailing lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested.
- Developing metrics and specific standards to measure outcomes.
- Using analytics to test effectiveness of various fundraising appeals, including market segmentation.
- Managing the design and generation of customized reports and analyses.
- Optimizing the use of the Federationís fundraising software and accounting software by staying current on upcoming enhancements and industry trends.
- Managing vendor relationships as needed.† Coordinating with vendors on software upgrades, including planning, project management, feature testing, and related business process redesign.
- Working with vendor support and the Network Administrator to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, escalate support tickets, and advocate for patches to the application when appropriate.
- Overseeing the provision of training and support to fundraising database users.
- Overseeing hiring, promotions, training, and evaluation of staff in the department.†
- Developing and managing the Development Operations budget, and helping other staff budget for fundraising and accounting software and hardware.
- Making technical recommendations and providing support when necessary on the Federationís online activities including its web presence, online communities, social networks, online fundraising, direct marketing, E-Philanthropy and email marketing.
- A minimum of 5 years management or applicable experience in a nonprofit Development Operations department.
- Proven ability to function at a management level within a complex organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, political astuteness, and a strong customer service orientation.
- The ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences, and translate fundraisersí and marketersí needs into effective and cost-effective technical solutions.†
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and use logic and analysis to troubleshoot software problems.
- Ability to exercise decisiveness and good judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of nonprofit fundraising and marketing, gift entry and administration, donor stewardship, database administration, records management, and IRS and FASB regulations regarding charitable giving.
- An understanding of the types of data, reports, and analyses needed to support the fundraising efforts of a large nonprofit.
- Experience evaluating complex issues, determining appropriate solutions, costs, and required resources, reaching agreement on a course of action, and providing leadership in implementing the chosen approach.
- Bachelorís degree, preferably in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to use discretion, exercise good judgment, tact, diplomacy and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience developing and managing a departmental budget.
- Experience in creation of work procedures and processes.
- Experience in developing and implementing standards of productivity and accuracy.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Desired Education Degree/Level:
†5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
†JFNA MCLE - RKContact Title:
†ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
†E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.