Job Title: Executive Vice President
Date Last Updated: 5/8/2013
Job ID #: 10738
The Jewish Federations of North AmericaOrganization Name:
Jewish Federations of North AmericaLocation:
New York, New YorkStatus:
Executive Vice President
Jewish Federations of North America, New York, NY
The Jewish Federations of North America promotes supports and leads 154 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. These Federations, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protect and enhance the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice), chesed (caring and compassion) and Torah (Jewish learning).
The national office of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) is seeking an Executive Vice President to serve as a senior executive reporting to the President/CEO. This experienced, mature and accomplished professional will have demonstrated a combination of leadership and management skills with a track record of managerial excellence, excellence in achieving results and personal credibility. Partnering with the JFNA President/CEO to strategically and proactively manage the organization, this analytical decision maker knows how to build and maintain trusted relationships within and outside the organization. Specific oversight responsibilities will be extensive with regard to major organizational initiatives. This person will supervise a number of senior JFNA professionals and will relate in an ongoing manner to federation leadership, donors and prospects, and agency and community leaders. In order to be successful, this individual needs to have a leadership profile that personifies excellence, inspires confidence, and has an unquestioned record of interpersonal and management accomplishment, integrity and success.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
Enhance the Achievement of Organizational Goals through Collaboration and a Commitment to Excellence
- Serve as Chief of Staff to assure the integration of JFNA efforts in support of clear organization goals and objectives
- Support the organization’s efforts to implement with excellence
- Serve on the Leadership Team, and directly manage a number of senior JFNA professionals – to be determined based on the specific skills of the selected individual
Better Facilitate Service Delivery to Federations
- Assure that Federation needs are understood and addressed
- Meet regularly with both professional and volunteer leadership throughout the Federations
- Help manage the visioning, planning and implementation of events and projects to better support Federation needs
- Serve as the central focal point for the identification and sharing of best practices across the Federations
Serve as a Senior Executive and Significant Partner for the President/CEO of JFNA
- Effectively work with the CEO, federation senior leaders, various governance bodies and committees, and collaborate with JFNA partners and volunteer leadership, all critical to federation success. This position requires the ability to work effectively with multiple partners with different agendas.
- Represent the President/CEO when he cannot be present. Establish communication processes and protocols for handling leadership decisions
- Proven track record of continually advancing positions of responsibility, in which business leadership, interpersonal/management skills, a dedication to customer service and Jewish values are clearly demonstrated
- Demonstrated understanding of process and consensus building in decision making
- Significant experience working with a non-profit Board
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Knowledge of JFNA mission and goals; ability to travel 30% of time; and occasional long or unusual hours. Position is located in New York City.
- Proven ability in each of the 4 Success Factor categories of business skills, people skills, personal qualities and visionary and strategic thinking.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to work well across JFNA with proven, excellent interpersonal skills a must, to assure the achievement of JFNA goals.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to:
JFNAEVP@JewishFederations.org. The cover note should include why the candidate is interested in the position, and why s/he thinks s/he would be the best choice for the position.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RKContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.