Job Title: VP of Strategic Marketing & Communications
Date Last Updated: 5/2/2013
Job ID #: 10734
The Jewish Federations of North AmericaOrganization Name:
Jewish Federations of North AmericaLocation:
New York, New YorkStatus:
Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Communications
Jewish Federations of North America, New York, NY
The Jewish Federations of North America promotes supports and leads 154 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. These Federations, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protect and enhance the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice), chesed (caring and compassion) and Torah (Jewish learning).
The national office of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) is seeking a Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Communications to lead the organization in promoting, supporting and leading our Federations with impactful messaging, maximizing our image and exposure through all of our National events especially our signature event the General Assembly, the use of breakthrough public relations strategies, and the use of social media. This individual will be responsible for creating and developing meaningful, relevant materials, utilizing knowledge of technology and collaborating effectively with senior management, leadership and 154 federation offices. S/he will manage a staff of 15 +, overseeing departmental budgets and vendors. Strong leadership and collaborative skills are a must.
Strategic Public Relations and Communications
- Oversees the development of impactful messaging and communication strategies promoting JFNA and the federations. Maximizes public relations opportunities to assure a balanced perception in the US press.
- Leads in the development of a social media strategy for JFNA and Federations and develops the training model for all Federations to insure impact and productivity.
- Directs a “multi-channel” marketing approach with a digital focus, maximizing the benefits of technology.
- Directs the development of the theme, recruitment strategy, messaging, imagery and communications for the General Assembly and all national conferences.
- Directs market research to support the planning and strategic efforts of JFNA and the federations.
- Serves as organization spokesperson for press and key media as needed.
Brand Strategy & Planning
- Leads the organization in articulating a focused value proposition that strengthens the emotional bond between the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) and its various constituencies.
- Re-envisions key marketing processes to ensure the development of materials that are creative, relevant and efficiently designed and distributed.
- Develops, preserves, and updates the JFNA organizational brand in light of the changing external environment.
Management of Staff, Collaboration with JFNA Leadership
- Develops and manages a staff of 15+
- Teams effectively with the CEO, federation senior volunteer and professional leaders, and various governance boards and committees; and collaborates with various JFNA partners and volunteer leadership, all critical to federation success
- Establishes communication processes and protocols for handling leadership decisions
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in relevant organizations preferably with some time spent in digital marketing; excellent communication skills; with management and/or volunteer experience with a non-profit at the board level
- Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of JFNA mission and goals highly desirable; travel 30% of time; and occasional long or unusual hours.
- Creative and resourceful with a deep knowledge of technology
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to: VPStrategicMarketing@JewishFederations.org. The cover note should include why the candidate is interested in the position, and why s/he thinks s/he would be the best choice for the position. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RKContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.