Job Title: Foundation Director for Legacy Giving
Date Last Updated: 7/25/2013
Job ID #: 10702
Planned Giving and EndowmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Western Connecticut Inc.Location:
Foundation Director for Legacy Giving
Jewish Federation of Western Connecticut Inc.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position has primary responsibility for promotion of planned and long-term/legacy giving on behalf of the Jewish Federation of Western Connecticut. The Foundation Director will be the manager of a portfolio of prospects and donors, focusing on individuals who may also have planned giving potential. Additionally, this position will staff the Federation’s Foundation Board and be responsible for developing the Create A Jewish Legacy program and any other promotional efforts as may be warranted.
Planned Giving and Legacy Donor Development Responsibilities:
- Develop materials, ongoing promotions and communications to encourage planned/legacy giving and long-term philanthropy in the Western CT. Jewish community through the Jewish Federation.
- Package and promote an array of strategic giving opportunities and vehicles available to best meet donor needs and interests, in coordination with the Foundation Board
- Identify and maintain a continuously updated roster of planned giving prospects, developing cultivation plans for top prospects, and soliciting them in conjunction with key volunteer leadership where appropriate.
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with area estate attorneys and tax/financial advisors to members of the Western CT. Jewish community, continuously apprising them of Federation/community needs and giving opportunities.
- Ability to have holistic conversations with donors and prospects, balancing the need to promote community priorities with being donor-centric and meeting the individual needs/interests of the donor.
- Engage the Federation’s Board and other key leadership to leave legacy gifts and well as other marketing/planned giving initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, work to cultivate and solicit a roster of more significant/major givers.
General Administration and Management Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison and primary staff member to the Foundation Board.
- Ensure that other professionals at the Jewish Federation are aware of, and integrate planned/legacy giving opportunities in their own cultivation and development efforts.
- Ensure that all contacts and interactions are recorded, tracked and followed up.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years experience in a front-line development/fundraising role, including management/supervisory, strategic planning and project management experience. A successful track record of cultivation and personal solicitation at the major gift level is required and knowledge of the Jewish community and its institutions is strongly preferred. Awareness of and experience in discussing various planned giving opportunities and vehicles is strongly recommended. Skilled in office programs and web environments is a must, including experience with Microsoft Office and fundraising databases.
The successful candidate will have a leadership role within our professional team as well as with donors and volunteer leadership. The ideal candidate will:
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Have high attention to detail.
- Exhibit strong writing and interpersonal/phone skills.
- Be able to manage multiple relationships and priorities at the same time...successfully.
- Take initiative.
- Work well with others, working collegially in a team-oriented environment.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with volunteer leaders and other local partner organizations.
- Thrive at working under pressure with deadlines and competing priorities.
- Embrace change and look forward to the next challenge and opportunity.
- Keep up on new and leading edge planned giving vehicles.
- Embody a commitment to excellence.
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.