Job Title: Israel Center Director
Date Last Updated: 5/8/2013
Job ID #: 10672
Israel & OverseasOrganization Name:
Jewish Community Association of Greater PhoenixLocation:
Israel Center Director
Jewish Community Association of Greater Phoenix
Valley of the Sun Jewish Community Center
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
The Israel Center Director is primarily responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of Israeli community events and programs. The Israel Center Director will also work in collaboration with organizations to develop these events and programs. The Israel Center Director must be well organized, with the ability to plan and coordinate activities and schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. This position requires independent judgment, initiative and administrative skills. The Israel Center Director should have the ability to do outreach to the Israeli community and to promote Israel to the Greater Phoenix community.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Plan and organize three to four community events a year, including: Yom Ha’zikaron, Yom Ha’atzmaut and more as planned.
- Create monthly newsletter
- Promote Israel Experience programs for teens and young adults, organizing and attending fairs and open houses to market programs, assisting candidates with finding the right program for each candidates needs.
- Israeli culture – arranging movie nights, talks and lectures about Israel.
- Work with congregations and religious schools and teach about Israel
- Collaborating with Israel-related organizations, such as JNF and FIDF, to develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Grossman Fund – market the fund, provide information, interview and distribute funds
- Birthright – market the trip, provide information, interview candidates and staff trip when possible. Oversee Birthright follow-up events and outreach efforts
- Gift of Israel – promote the program, recruit new enrollees
- Volunteer in Israel programs around the community.
- Give resource information to Israel Programs
- TIPS partnership 2gether- planning and coordinating with TIPS committee and with TIP representative both in Israel and affiliated partners, planning and executing People-to-People events
- Summer Camp Shlichim planning and coordinating
- Conduct Aliya interviews in partnership with JAFI-aliya office in LA
- Supervise team including: Young Shaliach, Birthright Outreach Professional and Intern
Preferred bi-lingual English/Hebrew
BA /BS degree preferably in Judiac Studies, Jewish communal service or related background.
Compensation will depend on experience and education. This position is open immediately and is offered at a full time status with benefits including 401k.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.