Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Date Last Updated: 4/30/2013
Job ID #: 10572
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach CountyLocation:
West Palm Beach, FloridaStatus:
Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
Palm Beach County is home to approximately 270,000 Jews, 135,000 of whom reside within the geographic boundaries of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. Jewish life is diverse and multi-faceted, and includes 6 partner agencies as well as other key community programs supported by the Federation, 21 synagogues and a community day school serving K through 8th grade. This year the Federation is projected to raise $16.3 million for the unrestricted annual campaign plus $2.8 million in supplemental designated gifts and currently holds $110 million in endowment assets. Opportunities for growth are significant.
The arrival of a new Chief Executive Officer in 2012 provides a catalyst for change and growth as the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County celebrates its 50th Anniversary.
For more information, please visit the Federation’s website at www.JewishPalmBeach.org
Financial Resource Development
Historically the Federation has had two distinct development teams – one for annual campaign fundraising, and one for planned gift and endowment development. The Federation is committed to the coordination of these functions under the leadership of a dynamic Chief Development Officer to demonstrate an integrated donor-focused approach to donors and prospective donors and to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in total financial resource development.
The Federation seeks a highly experienced and dynamic Chief Development Officer (CDO) to provide inspired leadership and strategic direction to the Federation’s financial resource development activities. Accountable for the Federation’s fundraising success, the CDO must be attuned to donor interests and concerns, possessing outstanding interpersonal skills and a deep passion for the Federation’s mission.
The CDO will be a motivational change agent, providing leadership by example in facilitating a new culture of integration as well as new practices to grow all income streams in service of the community’s philanthropic goals. The CDO will personally manage a portfolio of major gifts donors and prospective donors, and is accountable for generating new and increased giving. The CDO will manage and coordinate the donor cultivation assignments of the Federation’s Chief Executive Officer.
This positon reports to the CEO and/or his/her designee.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and execute a comprehensive integrated financial resource development business plan across all income streams, including unrestricted annual campaign, supplemental funds, planned giving and endowments, and capital projects.
- Assess current development operations and incorporate best practices and emerging trends to restructure for maximum achievement.
- Provide inspired leadership, supervision, mentoring and coaching to a team of fundraising professionals in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of current donors and prospective donors at all levels.
- Organize, motivate and develop a volunteer leadership team in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of high capacity donors and prospective donors.
- Cultivate, steward and build trusted relationships with a portfolio of major donors and prospective major donors; Generate new and increased giving.
- Focus on identifying, engaging and re-engaging donors, particularly those emerging as the next generation of potential philanthropic leaders.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Minimum 10 years management level experience in major gifts fundraising.
- Significant experience in cultivation of major donors required along with demonstrated success in closing six-figure gifts.
- Working knowledge of charitable gift planning and philanthropic vehicles in order to facilitate sophisticated philanthropic and estate planning conversations.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing short and long term strategic activities measured against clear goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and projects; Demonstrated success developing high-performing, empowered staff teams in a culture of creativity and accountability.
- Demonstrated success in building and cultivating trusted relationships; Ability to work effectively, respectfully and collaboratively across departments and at all levels of the organization.
- Inspirational communicator, both written and verbal.
- Model a personal commitment to the Jewish community and Jewish values; Ability to ground relationships with donors and prospective donors in Jewish culture and values.
- Experience in non-profit sector and in working with volunteer boards and committees a plus.
- Candidates from environments outside the organized Jewish community must demonstrate significant knowledge of the Jewish Federation movement.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of modern technology and its use in prospect identification and research; Knowledge of fundraising database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Will spend a significant amount of time outside of the office, meeting with donors and prospective donors.
- Local, national and international travel required.
A competitive compensation package is available for the successful candidate.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.