Job Title: Planning and Allocations Associate
Date Last Updated: 3/3/2013
Job ID #: 10571
Community Planning & Resource AllocationOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJLocation:
Whippany, New JerseyStatus:
Planning and Allocations Associate
Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ
The Planning and Allocations Associate is a member of a collaborative team responsible for implementing the annual planning and allocations agenda of JFed, including local, national, and international programming. The Associate will assist in the recruitment of volunteers, scheduling of meetings, preparation of supporting information, and documentation of decisions for various allocations committees (including the Unified Allocations Council, Local Allocations Committee, National Agency Review Committee, and Israel and Overseas Committee) and their subcommittees, as well as various planning committees). Specific committee assignments change periodically based upon revisions in process and new developments. The Planning and Allocations associate will nurture the partnership between lay leadership, staff, and the community to identify and meet community needs by providing insight, knowledge and vision; guiding or facilitating decision-making, priority setting and communal policy; interpreting and implementing communal policy; and, fostering partnerships with agencies and encourage collaboration when worthwhile.
This positon reports to the Director of Planning & Allocations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify volunteers with appropriate qualifications to serve on allocations and planning committees, and coordinate logistics of nomination, invitation, and response.
- Coordinate individual committee calendars within a coordinated overall allocations process schedule to ensure timely and organized decision-making.
- Issue requests for information, proposals, and requests to beneficiary agencies and programs, assisting applicants in responding appropriately, and compiling information in a manner suitable for review by volunteer committees.
- Provide information and guidance to the committees in their deliberations.
- Maintain minutes and records of committee proceedings and decisions, and draft committee reports.
- Review activities of beneficiary agencies and programs to ensure that allocated funds are used in accordance with JFed’s directions.
- Fulfill any and all tasks assigned to achieve the objectives of the department.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Bachelors’ Degree required. Masters’ degree preferred in nonprofit management.
- Prior work experience, preferably in a Jewish communal setting or, alternatively, in a nonprofit organization.
- Strong analytical skills, well-organized, good writer. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must.
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.