Job Title: Director of Contributor Account Relations
Date Last Updated: 4/18/2013
Job ID #: 10557
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan ChicagoLocation:
Director of Contributor Account Relations
Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago
The Director of Contributor Account Relations oversees the Contributor Account Relations Department (CARE), which includes JUF/JF campaign collection efforts, the CARE hotline, JUF donor account-related matters, and the supervision of two CARE administrative assistants. With a particular focus on donor relations and customer service, he/she interacts with campaign, endowment and accounting staff to ensure the strategic and effective collection of funds according to established and agreed upon goals and expectations. He/she also serves as the staff liaison to the chairman of the CARE committee and coordinates the lay and professional assignment process.
- Assumes primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure for the collections process. Develops and executes a strategic plan for the collections campaign including billing, letter writing, electronic communications, and the lay and professional assignment process.
- Communicates with donors at all levels regarding their accounts and payment needs. Oversees the management of the CARE hotline and supervises two CARE administrative assistants.
- Actively engages with the Campaign and Accounting Departments on all aspects of billing and payment processing. Facilitates pledge and payment adjustment process in accordance with organizational policies.
- Collaborates with Development Officers and senior management on all aspects of the collections process.
- Manages all aspects of the CARE committee and all collections related information.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must have a minimum of six years of experience in fundraising at a non-profit institution, donor or customer relationship management, or related fields.
- Must have strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside JUF.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives and think creatively in the pursuit of the job objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software skills and use of technology, including in all Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the Jewish community or communal institutions a plus.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.