Job Title: Young Adult Outreach and Community Relations Associate
Date Last Updated: 3/29/2013
Job ID #: 10538
Young Leadership Organization Name:
Jewish Federation of Greater Middlesex CountyLocation:
South River, New JerseyStatus:
Young Adult Outreach and Community Relations Associate
Jewish Federation of Greater Middlesex County
This individual will foster the engagement and involvement of adults and families in Jewish life and ultimately create a pipeline for the next generation of philanthropists and leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, recruit, educate, train and motivate community members to increase their involvement with the Jewish community through volunteerism and social action.
- Convene community partners including synagogues and other local Jewish organizations to collaborate in outreach and engagement, social action, philanthropy and leadership development.
- Oversee events and programs, partnering with volunteers on successful planning, execution and follow-through.
- Participate in campaign and community-building activities, including the planning and execution of large-scale events and fundraising initiatives.
- Develop organization’s advocacy “voice” and communicate, educate and advocate to the broader community on issues relating to Jewish communal concerns (e.g. Israel, anti-Semitism, etc.).
- Experience in development, event planning, and outcomes measurement;
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage and inspire a wide constituency of community members;
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in Jewish communal organizations, the Jewish community, and Jewish culture and traditions with a keen sense of trends and culture of the young adult community;
- Impeccable organizational skills and follow-though;
- Strong proficiency in the use of Social Media, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint;
- An ability and willingness to work in evenings or weekends as needed.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.