Job Title: Executive Director
Date Last Updated: 5/5/2013
Job ID #: 10515
Jewish Education/ProgrammingOrganization Name:
Greater Miami Jewish FederationLocation:
Greater Miami Jewish Federation
Executive Director, Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation (GMJF) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Jewish communal professional/educator to lead and advance our community’s Jewish education and engagement agenda. The Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education (CAJE) Executive Director will be an inspirational educator skilled in management and community organization. S/he will provide overall leadership for the agency in coordination with the CAJE Board and under the supervision of GMJF and will serve on the Federation Executive staff and Planning team.
The Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education is embarking on an exciting new phase as it leverages a stronger relationship with the Greater Miami Jewish Federation to build on the agency’s many successes and prepares to deepen and expand its impact on community institutions and learners in order to ensure a vibrant, educated and engaged Miami Jewish community. The CAJE Board voted unanimously to endorse a new organizational structure wherein CAJE will maintain its 501c3 status and become a subsidiary of the GMJF with a smaller Board focused on strategic planning and program oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CAJE Board to identify strategic priorities and implement programs/services that further the Jewish educational and identity building agenda for the community.
- Develop a vision for an ideal, educated and engaged Jewish community and inspire others to work toward this vision.
- Serve as a member of and work collaboratively with the Federation planning team to identify trends and needs related to Jewish education and identity and participate in efforts to develop and implement communal strategies to strengthen and expand programs and services.
- Recruit, supervise, train and evaluate a dynamic team of professionals to implement the programs and services of the agency.
- Keep abreast of trends and model practices in Jewish education including emerging modes of engagement and ensure that programs and services in Miami are both responsive to the needs in the community and reflective of state of the art approaches in the field.
- Serve as the spokesperson and advocate on behalf of Jewish identity and education for the community.
- Convene professional affinity groups (e.g., day school heads of school, congregational school professional leaders, youth group professionals) to foster collaboration and inform communal priorities.
- Develop strong and cohesive relationships with formal and informal educational institutions in the community and establish CAJE as source of support and thought leadership.
- Consult with community institutions to assist in developing the educational and/or organizational frameworks necessary to meet their goals.
- Establish organizational and communal benchmarks and create systems to measure and report outcomes.
- Promote the GMJF annual campaign and secure funds to support specific programs and projects.
- Foster and model a creative, accountable, success-oriented and positive environment and organizational culture.
- Devise and manage organizational budget in coordination with GMJF.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Masters degree in Jewish education or Jewish communal leadership.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Jewish educational leadership; understanding of Federation and Jewish communal organizations essential.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to clearly and convincingly articulate the mission of the agency and motivate support.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in supervising staff, building collaborative teams, working in partnership with lay leadership and developing relationships with diverse community institutions.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with the ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives.
- Understanding of the complexities of the Jewish educational and identity arena and conversant in the trends and emerging models in the field.
- Personal commitment and passion for Jewish learning, life and Israel and a dedication to pluralism.
- Adept at MS Office software, social media and knowledge of educational technology.
- Experience with budget management, fundraising and marketing preferred.
- Fluency in Hebrew and/or Spanish desirable.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE- RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.