Job Title: Development Associate
Date Last Updated: 4/8/2013
Job ID #: 10482
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish federation of the Greater East BayLocation:
The Jewish Federation of the East Bay
The Jewish Federation of the East Bay is dedicated to building a vibrant and inclusive local Jewish community, and to supporting Jewish life in the East Bay, Israel and throughout the world. Fundraising is an essential function of the Federation, allowing the organization to fulfill our mission and vision. Funds are raised through the Community Campaign (formerly the Annual Campaign), which supports social services, Jewish education, and community development. The Federation also raises funds through Designated Signature Initiatives and Legacy opportunities.
The Development Associate reports to and will work closely with the Director of Development and will take responsibility for managing specific aspects of our $2.5 million-plus Community Campaign. The Development Associate will help develop fundraising strategies, manage development and outreach events, cultivate relationships with volunteers and donors, and staff committees.
- Identify, cultivate and steward relationships with donors who have significant leadership and philanthropic potential
- Secure gifts through one-on-one solicitations, phone calls, outreach, events, and other creative avenues
- Prospect research for individual donors and corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Work with lay committees to set goals for and execute fundraising and cultivation events
- Cultivate and manage Development sub-committees including, but not limited to, event committees
- Provide support and additional staffing for the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and for the Director of Development’s relationship with the VP, Development
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated fundraising success; preferably 5 – 7 years.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred (Business Administration, Non-Profit Management, Jewish Communal Service, etc.)
- Strong skills in donor development, cultivation, and direct solicitation
- Ability to build strong relationships in an environment of collaboration
Demonstrated skills in event management
- Excellent ability to adapt communication style to various audiences
Experience leading committees and/or team of volunteers
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM applications
Experienced use of social media in an organizational context (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Strong, understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the Jewish Federation of the East Bay
- Knowledge of Jewish values and previous work in the Jewish community preferred
- Ability to staff evening and weekend events as necessary
- Access to a car in order to meet donors is essential
The position is full-time and benefits include health, dental, and vision plan; vacation and sick leave; Jewish and secular holidays, and leave early on Fridays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - CMContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.