Job Title: Senior Director, Global Planning
Date Last Updated: 10/18/2012
Job ID #: 10453
Community Planning & Resource AllocationOrganization Name:
Jewish Federations of North AmericaLocation:
New York, New YorkStatus:
Senior Director, Global Planning
Jewish Federations of North America
The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) established the Global Planning Department to provide leadership and support of Federations’ global activities including the Global Planning Table, General Assembly, and Research and Analysis Department. This position is designed to lead and direct the Global Planning Table and the Federation Planners Network. As one of JFNA’s organizational priorities, the Global Planning Table was designed to inspire the Jewish Federations’ collective global work and drive collective solutions to important issues within the global Jewish community. It is envisioned that through the Global Planning Table, Federations will embrace the most compelling challenges and opportunities to strengthen and build the Jewish people, ensuring that our collective philanthropic investments have meaningful impact where most needed.
The Global Planning Table requires the leadership and vision of an experienced Jewish community professional. The Federation Planners Network requires strategic support and leadership to maximize the network of Federation planners and develop the next generation of Federation planning professionals. Primary responsibilities of this position include serving as the senior planner for the Global Planning Table, and leading the Federation Planners Network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The senior planner for the Global Planning Table will participate in articulating the vision for the Global Planning Table and leading the implementation of that vision in partnership with lay leadership. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the development and execution of the Global Planning Table’s annual implementation plan including leading, supervising and supporting Global Planning Table committees and commissions; developing and executing Global Planning Table communication and education initiatives; managing productive partner relationships; and monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the work of the Global Planning Table.
- Plans, directs and oversees Global Planning Table events and activities including site visits or missions overseas; conference sessions; or Global Planning Table specific initiatives or events.
- Coordinates and collaborates with a range of JFNA departments, Federations, and partner agencies to promote and implement the work of the Global Planning Table.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to a variety of professional, lay leader, and donor constituencies as well as other organizations about the work of Federations overseas and the Global Planning Table.
- Supports Federation planners including but not limited to planning the program and logistics for the annual Large City Planning Directors Summit and Planners Institute; convening regular calls of the Large City Planning Directors and the Large Intermediate Planning Directors; oversight of Planners knowledge sharing site; and providing orientation to JFNA and its services and resources for new Federation planners.
- Supervise the Global Planning Manager.
- Undergraduate degree and/or advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of Federations and the work of the Jewish community in overseas communities
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Highly organized, positive and outgoing
- Excellent technological skills
- Excellent attention to detail and able to see the “big picture”
- Able to convene groups and plan/execute programs and events
- Minimum 10-15 years relevant work experience
Desired Education Degree/Level:
10 or moreContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.