Job Title: Planning Associate
Date Last Updated: 3/24/2013
Job ID #: 10191
Community Planning & Resource AllocationOrganization Name:
Greater Miami Jewish Federation - Dade CountyLocation:
Greater Miami Jewish Federation
The Planning Associate is responsible for understanding trends in the field related to Jewish engagement; overseeing programs and projects which further Jewish identity and engagement; and facilitating deeper connections with the people and land of Israel.
This position reports to the Chief Planning Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead staff on all planning functions related to Jewish and local Israel engagement and staff related lay committees
- Keep abreast of research and trends in the area of Jewish identity and Israel engagement
- Develop, manage and/or liaise with programs that provide outreach to under engaged populations and or serve to strengthen Jewish identity
- In concert with the Director of Israel & Overseas, serve as Federation point person on local Israel engagement and Miami/Yerucham people-to-people efforts
- Maintain accurate programmatic and financial records for relevant programs and develop and present reports as appropriate
- In conjunction with appropriate lay and professional leadership, oversee the distribution of scholarship funding including Overnight Camp, Day School and Israel Programs.
- Promote Federation efforts in Jewish and Israel engagement through presentations to professional and lay leadership as well as articles/materials which highlight these programs.
- Supervise the PJ Library Coordinator and ensure the program operates within budgetary and programmatic guidelines
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of programs and provide reports and recommendations to relevant lay and professional bodies
- Participate in financial resource development efforts including the preparation of proposals, participating in solicitations and other campaign duties as appropriate
Qualifications and Competencies:
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters Degree preferred in Education, Organizational Development, Human Resource Development, Social Work, Public Administration, Jewish Communal Services or related field
- Three or more years of relevant experience in Jewish communal, non-profit, public sector or related field
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with lay leaders, volunteers and colleagues
- Passion for the mission of federation and the Jewish community
Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers, volunteer leaders and partner agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
Skilled in research, analysis, program development, management and evaluation
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.