The Jewish Week provides insight into the future of Jewish giving with a piece about the Jewish Teen Philanthropy Summit, and in an unprecedented move, the Government of Israel and the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigration Absorption have established an independent company to encourage aliyah from Europe, reports the Jerusalem Post.
Federations are highlighted in Cleveland and New Jersey.
• Jewish Week - Organizations Drawing Youth in by Letting them Control the Purse Strings
• Jerusalem Post - US Jewish Leaders Criticize Israel's Plan for Private Corporation to Oversee European Aliya
• Cleveland Plain Dealer- Philanthropists Give $1.25 Million Endowment for Jewish Summer Camp Program
• NJ.com - Union County Synagogues/Organizations to Participte in Create a Jewish Legacy Program
Military officials, politicians and security experts weighed in on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, with settlements at the heart of the debate, reports JTA.
• JTA - At Herzliya Conference, a Split on Importance of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
For more Israel advocacy news, see the Israel Action Network website.
Global Jewish News
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor loses his Congressional seat to a Tea Party Republican in yesterday's primary, and both JTA and Politico describe the reaction of the Jewish community.
• JTA - Cantor's Loss Leaves Jewish Republicans Bereft
• Politico - For Jewish Republicans: Oy Veh
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas condemned rocket fire from Gaza into Southern Israel today, demanding that all Palestinian factions abide by the ceasefire. A joint exhibition of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and the cultural arm of the United Nations, that highlights the Jewish presence in the land of Israel, will open Wednesday in Paris, despite pressure from Arab states to cancel it. The Washington Post and Ynet offer analysis of Israel's new President-elect, while the Times of Israel reports new benefits for Holocaust survivors and Ynet offers analysis on Israel's rejection of requests from Africans looking to convert.
• Jerusalem Post - Abbas Condemns Rocket Fire into Israel, Calls on Armed Gaza Factions to Respect Unity Deal
• Times of Israel - Rocket from Gaza Hits Near Southern Community
• JTA - Nixed Jews in Israel Exhibit to Open at UNESCO
• Washington Post - Parliament Elects Hard-liner Rivlin as Israel's Next President
• Ynet - Reuven Rivlin - From Beitar to the President's Residence
• Times of Israel - Knesset OKs NIS 1 Billion in Holocaust Survivor Benefits
• Ynet - Israel Rejects Africans' Request to Convert to Judaism For more Israel news, see the weekly JFNA Israel news page.
For more security news, see JFNA’s Secure Community Network (SCN) website.