The PEW Survey:
JFNA has curated a collection of news coverage and commentary on the PEW survey of American Jewry. The list will be updated as more articles appear.
• JFNA -- Media Coverage of the PEW Study
Israel & Mideast:
In Mideast news, PM Netanyahu opens the latest Knesset session by saying the Arab world, for the first time, realizes Israel is not the enemy, and also cautions that easing Iran sanctions would prove costly; the Times of Israel says Hamas does not want a military conflict - now.
In domestic Israeli news, the Women of the Wall are challenged by internal debates; Minister Naftali Bennett says a third of first-graders in Israel are religious, and the country needs them; and a Yediot Aharonot commentator calls recent media reports of a spike in emigration untrue.
• Haaretz -- Netanyahu: For the first time in history, Arabs realize Israel is not the enemy
• Times of Israel (analysis) -- It keeps tunneling, but Hamas doesn’t want escalation… yet
• Jerusalem Post -- Netanyahu: Easing off sanctions against Iran now would be a 'historic mistake'
Israel Domestic News:
• Haaretz -- Hoffman strikes back: It’s easy for dissenters in America to carp compromise
• Jerusalem Post -- Bennett: 32% of grade 1 students are haredim, Israel will not survive without their integration
• Ynet News (commentary) -- Emigration campaign a lie
For more Israel news, see the weekly JFNA Israel news page.
For more security news, see JFNA’s Secure Community Network (SCN) website.
The Algemeiner reports a BDS leader in South Africa urges supporters to shoot Jews.
• Algemeiner -- BDS Leader in South Africa Calls on Supporters to ‘Shoot the Jews’
For more Israel advocacy news, see the Israel Action Network website.
JTA looks in at the Conservative movement’s centennial challenges; and a Washington, DC theater supported by Federation decided to drop a play some said was anti-Israel.
Federations are highlighted in Atlantic & Cape May Counties, NJ; Pittsburgh; Southern Arizona; and Washington, DC.
• JTA -- At centennial, United Synagogue aims to retool Conservative Judaism
• Algemeiner -- Theater J Won’t Produce Play Accused of Being Anti-Israel, Will Still Present it as Workshop
• Jewish Times of Southern NJ -- Young Leaders Give Back to Greater Community
• Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle -- Jewish Pittsburgh unveils process to gauge progress
• Arizona Jewish Post -- Women’s Philanthropy to hear shlicha’s story