Media coverage of the GA spread across Jewish, Israeli and mainstream media, with well over 100 stories in print, online, TV and radio outlets from Jerusalem to New York. To sample some of the press coverage, see the online GA press room here. Meanwhile, see a column by New York’s John Ruskay on the GA.
• UJA-Federation of NY (John Ruskay) -- Nine Days of Dialogue, Debate, and Renewal in Jerusalem
A UK daily reports Israel and the Saudis are teaming up to plan an Iran strike, while some U.S. Jewish leaders say they feel misled over U.S. plans toward Iran. Meanwhile, PM Netanyahu invites Palestinian leader Abbas to address the Knesset, while Minister Naftali Bennett says he opposes a Palestinian state. In domestic news, the Forward looks at the impact of Avigdor Lieberman’s acquittal.
• Sunday Times of London -- Two old foes unite against Tehran
• Times of Israel -- U.S. Jewish leaders feel misled by White House over Iran deal
• Haaretz -- Netanyahu invites Palestinian leader Abbas to address Knesset
• Jerusalem Post -- Bennett in New York: I vehemently oppose a Palestinian state
Israel Domestic News:
• Forward -- Avigdor Lieberman’s Acquittal Stirs Doubts About Israel’s Anti-Corruption Fight
For more Israel news, see the weekly JFNA Israel news page.
For more security news, see JFNA’s Secure Community Network (SCN) website.
The Algemeiner analyzes the impact so far of a new 24-hour Israeli TV channel aimed at better broadcasting Israel’s full picture.
• Algemeiner -- i24 News Has So Far Failed to Help Israel’s Digital Media Imprint
For more Israel advocacy news, see the Israel Action Network website.
JTA reports on how Israeli Army medics are helping typhoon victims in the Philippines.
Federations are highlighted in Chicago; and Rochester, NY.
• JTA -- In the typhoon-ravaged Philippines, Israel brings its experience in disaster relief
• Chicago JUF News -- Onward Israel to give 20 students on Illinois campuses a resume-building Israel experience
• Rochester Democrat & Chronicle -- Great Hanukkah Giveaway focuses on being thankful